Dell 1420n and Load_Cycle_Count

Thomas Gederberg tgederberg at sbcglobal.net
Mon Nov 19 14:46:13 CST 2007

Antoine,

Thanks for pointing me to the bug report in Launch Pad!

I am thinking of upgrading my 1420n to Gutsy - does anyone know if this bug still exits in Gutsy (I supspect it does).

Tom

Antoine Cailliau <antoinecailliau at gmail.com> wrote: It seems to be recurrent and not specific to Dell Computers.
See https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/acpi-support/+bug/59695
for more information.

It is not properly a bug but more a misuse of a fonctionality.

Your number can be higher than other computer because no machine are the
same with the same applications and the same use at the same time in the
same environment.

Cheers,

Antoine C.

--