Dell 1420n and Load_Cycle_Count

Thomas Gederberg tgederberg at sbcglobal.net
Mon Nov 19 13:15:35 CST 2007

Why would my numbers be any higher than other 1420n users?  If this is a known issue with this system, it seems like Dell should issue instructions on how to correct it.

Antoine Cailliau <antoinecailliau at gmail.com> wrote: It is too big ;)

You have to check params of hdparm. Try values as 255 or 254.
(See power.sh in acpi folder, hdparm.conf, etc...)

--
Antoine Cailliau
www.ac-graphic.net