Gutsy ISO release from Dell? Should I upgrade anyway?

Jose_De_La_Rosa at Dell.com Jose_De_La_Rosa at Dell.com
Fri Nov 16 12:55:56 CST 2007

There's no reason not to upgrade to Gutsy. All issues that Dell is aware
of are documented in
http://linux.dell.com/wiki/index.php/Ubuntu_7.10#Known_Issues, and most
of them have workarounds that you can easily implement.

As for a Dell Gutsy release, see
http://direct2dell.com/one2one/archive/2007/10/16/31817.aspx

-----Original Message-----
From: linux-desktops-bounces at dell.com
[mailto:linux-desktops-bounces at dell.com] On Behalf Of Tim Anderson
Sent: Friday, November 16, 2007 12:34 PM
To: linux-desktops
Subject: Gutsy ISO release from Dell? Should I upgrade anyway?

Hi,
I've got a 1420N that is still running Feisty.  Does anyone know a) of
any reason not to upgrade to Gutsy  and b) if there's any idea if/when
Dell will release a Gutsy image of their own?

I've looked at the Ubuntu forums, Launchpad and Dell's wiki - there are
a few things that seem minor, but I don't see too many people actually
doing an upgrade so it's hard to know what to do.

I'm a bit nervous about upgrading because of the precedent set by the
video driver crashes (that happen for 3D stuff) which happened to me
right out of the box.

Tim