Gutsy ISO release from Dell? Should I upgrade anyway?

Tim Anderson timseal at gmail.com
Fri Nov 16 12:33:50 CST 2007

Hi,
I've got a 1420N that is still running Feisty.  Does anyone know a) of
any reason not to upgrade to Gutsy  and b) if there's any idea if/when
Dell will release a Gutsy image of their own?

I've looked at the Ubuntu forums, Launchpad and Dell's wiki - there are
a few things that seem minor, but I don't see too many people actually
doing an upgrade so it's hard to know what to do.

I'm a bit nervous about upgrading because of the precedent set by the
video driver crashes (that happen for 3D stuff) which happened to me
right out of the box.

Tim