XPS 410 failing to soft/warm reboot.

Michael_E_Brown at Dell.com Michael_E_Brown at Dell.com
Thu Nov 1 10:27:24 CDT 2007

Try adding "reboot=b" as a kernel commandline parameter.
--
Michael

-----Original Message-----
From: linux-desktops-bounces at dell.com on behalf of Matthew A. R. Sherian
Sent: Thu 11/1/2007 12:51 AM
To: linux-desktops
Subject: XPS 410 failing to soft/warm reboot.

I have been trying to update my BIOS, and kept running into a situation
where my Fedora install goes through the entire shutdown process up to
"Restarting System". I thought the BIOS update was the culprit, so I
tried booting into single-user mode and immediately invoking init 6.
This resulted in the same situation.  Are there any known issues with
linux 2.6.22.9-91.fc7 and the XPS410? That would prevent the system from
reboot/halting normally.