D520 in knoppix based distro doesn't connect

Daniel Yokomizo daniel.yokomizo at gmail.com
Mon Jan 22 23:32:06 CST 2007

Hi,

    Today I acquired a Latitude D520 and as usual I installed Linux on
it since it's my usual OS. everything went fine except for the wifi
(which I'm solving now) and my network access. It seems that I'm
unable to make it connect to my cable modem via DHCP. in
/var/log/messages there's this strange message: "eth0: Flow control is
off for TX and off for RX". My desktop (using the same distro)
connects fine. My google-fu failed me and I'm unable to solve this
issue. Does anyone here has any idea on how to fix this?

    Thanks in advance,

    Daniel Yokomizo.

P.S.: I'm cross-posting to linux-dell-laptops at yahoogroups.com.