Some problems with optiplex 745

Velenik Yvan Yvan.Velenik at math.unige.ch
Tue Dec 12 06:48:40 CST 2006

Hello.

I sent the message below nearly two weeks ago, but neither does it seem
to have been posted on the list, nor have I been informed that it was
canceled. Could you please post it, as the issue it raises is really
annoying (and I - and apparently several other persons - have found no
solution anywhere on the web after several months of investigation;
moreover, it seems to be relevant for several different dell computers
(pointing at defects either in the bios, or maybe in the version of the
ATI graphic card shipped with dell computers), and is reproducible on
many linux distributions (well, I don't know of a single one in which
the problem doesn't appear).

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Yvan Velenik