Linux on Dell Dimension E520

Jason_Mack at Dell.com Jason_Mack at Dell.com
Tue Dec 12 19:24:21 CST 2006

Sander,

I've looked for the documentation on dual-booting at
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/.  They pointed me back at Red Hat's site
http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/linux/RHL-9-Manual/install-guide/ch-x
86-dualboot.html.

http://www.howtoforge.com/windows_linux_dual_boot "Windows Linux
DualBoot Tutorial" has screen shots.

The community how-to's can be found at
http://tldp.org/HOWTO/HOWTO-INDEX/os.html#OSBOOT, the latest of which is
dated Jan 2002.

The GRUB manual is at http://www.gnu.org/software/grub/.

Finally, the Dell-specific considerations primarily revolve around
something we commonly call "The Utility Partition."  We generally try to
preserve this, if possible.

There may be considerations in the BIOS Setup for this system.

The E520 is not my area of expertise, may I suggest the guides at
http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/dime520/?

Jason