Linux on Dell Dimension E520

Sander Huijsen sander at sandyman.net
Mon Dec 11 03:39:07 CST 2006

Hi All,

I've very recently purchased a Dell Dimension E520 (Intel Core Duo 2
2x1,86GHZ, 1024MB, 250GB WD SATA). I've also installed a second SATA drive
(WD, 250GB) on which I've installed Fedora Core 6 (i386). Installation
went fine, but for some reason I don't see the GRUB bootloader. In stead,
it justs boots the pre-installed Windows XP MCE from the first SATA drive.

What should I do to get GRUB installed on the first harddrive in order to
get the GRUB bootloader so I can boot both MCE and Linux?

Thanks in advance,
Sander