dcdbas driver question

Srinivas_G_Gowda at Dell.com Srinivas_G_Gowda at Dell.com
Thu Jan 28 03:26:41 CST 2016

On Friday 22 January 2016 04:11 PM, Srinivas_G_Gowda at Dell.com wrote:

> Got confirmation from few more folks that I was reaching out to.
> ill be getting hold of some older Dell laptops this Monday(hopefully they are very old),
> if my testing goes well ill go ahead and accept the patch. Hope this doesn't comes back to bite me later.

Turns out they are not as old as I want it to be !! I did get a Precision M4600 which I am testing now.
Reached out to Douglas., I was in-turn directed to firmware engineer who confirmed that there are no dependencies.
Not sure if the requirement of SMIs on CPU0 was something that was lost/forgotten in time !!!

@Juergen
> We are now moving to a pvops kernel requiring to either port those
> patches to pvops (and possibly upstream them) or to drop them in
> case they are no longer needed.
Do you have challenges in upstreaming the CPU0 requirement into pvops kernel ?

Want to make sure we assess all our alternatives before taking a decision.