dcdbas driver question

Pali Rohár pali.rohar at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 05:37:34 CST 2016

On Tuesday 19 January 2016 14:56:35 Srinivas_G_Gowda at Dell.com wrote:

> Hi,
> There seems to be no specific requirement on CPU# from which SMI needs to be invoked.
> I am yet to get acknowledgment from few more folks.

Hi!

I still think that comment "SMI requires CPU 0" added in linux commit
https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/commit/?id=90563ec4129f14d19f018240d1d3ff5c0e5e6392
by Douglas_Warzecha at dell.com is there for some reason... Are not you
able to contact Doug Warzecha if he know reason?

> Hope we don't break some unwritten Linux rule/best practice on _NOT_ sticking with CPU0 for issuing SMIs !!!!

Maybe there could be some very old/legacy dell system or laptop which
needs it? General Linux kernel rule is not to break existing systems.

--
Pali Rohár
pali.rohar at gmail.com