dcdbas driver question

Srinivas_G_Gowda at Dell.com Srinivas_G_Gowda at Dell.com
Tue Jan 12 09:21:23 CST 2016

Hi Juergen,

On Tuesday 12 January 2016 07:40 PM, Juergen Gross wrote:
> Hi,
>
> next try, after more than one month without any answer, now with the
> new driver maintainer added in the recipients list.
>
> I've been told to raise the following question here, so:

I had responded to this over a different thread. Looks like it never got to you...!!!

> In the SUSE SLES Xen kernel we are carrying a patch for the dcdbas
> driver to ensure a SMI is triggered on physical cpu 0 only. This
> requires to use some Xen interfaces in the kernel which are not
> part of the stable Xen API (this is the reason they have never been
> upstreamed).
>
> We are now moving to a pvops kernel requiring to either port those
> patches to pvops (and possibly upstream them) or to drop them in
> case they are no longer needed.
>
> Are you able to tell me which Dell machines require a SMI to be
> triggered on cpu 0? As my current Dell laptop is running with the
> pvops kernel on top of Xen just fine, I guess not all Dell machines
> have this requirement.

I believe there is no such restrictions. You should be able to get a valid response immaterial of which CPU issues the SMI.

> Thanks,
>
> Juergen

Thanks,