State of SMBios on the latest Dell hardware?

Srinivas_G_Gowda at Dell.com Srinivas_G_Gowda at Dell.com
Mon Mar 23 02:43:47 CDT 2015

Hi Jesper,
How are you checking the status of ox4002 token ?

What do you get when you run ./smbios-token-ctl  -i 0x4022 , if there is no output then it  means that the token is not modifiable using the CMOS method that libsmbios supports.
Only the tokens that get listed using smbios-token-ctl are allowed to be modified.

I believe for the recent generations of Dell Servers we have RACADM and WSMAN that help you do more interms of configuring BIOS settings.
As far as I know CMOS tokens are majorly used in Dell laptops as compared to Dell Servers.

RACADM is a utility that can be run remotely or on the same system.
http://en.community.dell.com/techcenter/systems-management/w/wiki/3205.racadm-command-line-interface-for-drac

Here is a white paper that explains on PXE configuration.
http://en.community.dell.com/techcenter/extras/m/white_papers/20436999

And here are some references of WSMAN that I could find.
http://en.community.dell.com/techcenter/systems-management/w/wiki/3560.python-wsman-api-open-source
http://lists.us.dell.com/pipermail/linux-poweredge/2014-June/049148.html

Hope this helps.

Thanks,