BIOS upgrade on Dell Vostro 200 / Ubuntu 8.04

Matt Domsch Matt_Domsch at
Thu Nov 6 07:02:27 CST 2008

On Thu, Nov 06, 2008 at 01:46:36PM +0100, Jonas Haraldsson wrote:
> Hello,
> I have a Dell Vostro 200 on which I have installed Ubuntu 8.04 (desktop

The Vostro 200 is not presently supported by firmware-tools.

This comes up often enough that I've created a page on
which lists systems known to not be supported by firmware-tools at
this time.

You may have success using our 'biosdisk' method instead, at

Matt Domsch
Linux Technology Strategist, Dell Office of the CTO &