DEST_MODULE_LOCATION

Ian Abbott abbotti at mev.co.uk
Wed Feb 1 09:47:13 CST 2012

On 2012/02/01 03:23 PM, Jonathan Archer wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> This has probably already been covered, but i'm new here so please bear
> with me.
>
> Is there any way to override the DEST_MODULE_LOCATION to not ignore the
> configuration specified? as in I know it puts everything in /extra but
> for a particular module I'm building it needs to go in a different
> location as the absolute path seems to be called from a pre-compiled
> binary that we can't modify...
>
> Cheers
>
> Jon

Would a POST_INSTALL script work, maybe to install a symlink?

Unfortunately there is no PRE_UNINSTALL or POST_UNINSTALL hook that
could be used to remove that symlink, so you could be left with a
dangling symlink on uninstall.  There is a POST_REMOVE hook though.

--
-=( Ian Abbott @ MEV Ltd.    E-mail: <abbotti at mev.co.uk>             )=-
-=( Tel: +44 (0)161 477 1898   FAX: +44 (0)161 718 3587              )=-