Arch problem in ldtarball

Gary_Lerhaupt@Dell.com Gary_Lerhaupt at Dell.com
Tue Apr 19 13:53:53 CDT 2005

Can you send the offending tarball to my email address?

Thanks,
Gary

-----Original Message-----
From: dkms-devel-bounces-Lists On Behalf Of John Lau
Sent: Tuesday, April 19, 2005 1:03 AM
To: dkms-devel-Lists
Subject: Arch problem in ldtarball

Hi,

I have a problem in using dkms mktarball/ldtarball.
When I use ldtarball to deploy a driver tarball that I created on other
machine, a warning occurs:

Warning!  This tarball was created with dkms < 2.0 and contains no arch
info. DKMS will assume the arch: ia32e

But I create the tarball on dkms 2.0.5, with the following command: dkms
mktarball -m gm -v 2.0.13 --binaries-only --archive gm-2.0.13-
kernel2.4.21-15.EL.tar.gz. I don't know why it said that the tarball was
created with dkms < 2.0.

After the tarball is installed, I found the binary driver is installed
in a wrong path: /var/lib/dkms/gm/2.0.13/2.4.21-15.EL/ia32e/ia32e/module
And I can't do a dkms install.

Is it a bug in dkms? Or how can I include the missing "arch info" into
the tarball? I have tried --arch option but have nothing change.

Best regards,
John Lau

--
John Lau Chi Fai