Excluding a specific kernel from patch application

Richard Michael rmichael at fields.utoronto.ca
Sun Apr 17 22:52:25 CDT 2005

What is the best way to instruct DKMS to exclude a specific kernel when
applying patches?

Tonight I was dealing with a DKMS managed module from the people at the
pptp-client project and the DKMS build was failing because of a patch my
kernel does not require.

I looked at writing a regex that would negate strings, but it seems
regex's only handle negation matches for character classes.  What have I
missed?  I confess I don't know regular expressions very well.. :)

Richard