Smarter way of adding alias entries to modules.conf ?

Cyril Bortolato borto@users.sourceforge.net
Fri Nov 14 01:09:00 2003

I think DKMS should not add aliases to /etc/modules.conf
automatically. How about adding a command line argument
to DKMS that would let users decide whether an alias
should be added or not?

But IMHO adding aliases should be done by e.g. the GNOME
control panel or an application that can check the
presence of the corresponding hardware (with HAL for
example, http://hal.freedesktop.org/) or at least let
users decide what to do, i.e. in Amit's example decide
which NIC device corresponds to which eth[0-3] entry,
using some GUI (I'm thinking to add this to gmodconfig
in the "Setup" tab of modules).

Cyril