rpm naming

Gary_Lerhaupt@Dell.com Gary_Lerhaupt@Dell.com
Tue Dec 9 17:04:01 2003

The sample.spec is somewhat out of date and will be aligned in the next
release (good to be kept on my toes here).  The convention should be

If your package cannot work on a non-x86 arch, then you should of course not
use noarch.  The general idea is that packagers should keep their code such
that it works cross-arch and thus the noarch recommendation.

I'm not real sure on the other package naming topics you brought up towards
the end.  You might consider making two separate packages with mutual
dependencies on each other, but that's still pretty messy.  Perhaps someone
else here might have some good ideas.