[Crowbar] Fred Network Configuration

Surya_Prabhakar at Dell.com Surya_Prabhakar at Dell.com
Mon Jul 30 06:31:25 CDT 2012

How about toggling the network cables? eth0 for private and eth1 for external and connect eth1 once crowbar is fully setup?

surya.

-----Original Message-----
From: Daniel Parker [dcparker88 at gmail.com<mailto:dcparker88 at gmail.com>]
Sent: Monday, July 30, 2012 06:27 AM Central Standard Time
To: crowbar
Subject: [Crowbar] Fred Network Configuration

Hey all,

I am working on installing the admin node on a Dell C6100 with two NICs per sled - eth0 for external communication and eth1 for private (will be used for other nodes.) Eth0 will be a 10.x.x.x network and eth1 is 192.x.x.x.

Last time this was done, Crowbar defaulted to eth0 as the 'private' network and became the authoritative DNS server, thus taking down all remote access to other servers in our lab. My question is - is there a way to specify which network crowbar should monitor with DNS and which network is for remote connection only?

The real problem I am trying to solve is how to access the Crowbar admin interface remotely.

PS - I do have DRACs configured for each sled.