[Crowbar] Fred Network Configuration

Daniel Parker dcparker88 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 30 06:28:17 CDT 2012

Hey all,

I am working on installing the admin node on a Dell C6100 with two NICs
per sled - eth0 for external communication and eth1 for private (will be
used for other nodes.) Eth0 will be a 10.x.x.x network and eth1 is
192.x.x.x.

Last time this was done, Crowbar defaulted to eth0 as the 'private'
network and became the authoritative DNS server, thus taking down all
remote access to other servers in our lab. My question is - is there a
way to specify which network crowbar should monitor with DNS and which
network is for remote connection only?

The real problem I am trying to solve is how to access the Crowbar admin
interface remotely.

PS - I do have DRACs configured for each sled.