[Crowbar] Explanation of Network definition?

Tim Leong tjleong at gmail.com
Fri Jul 27 12:48:44 CDT 2012

Hi all,
I am looking through the documents and trying to set up networking, and I'm
getting a little lost in the terminology.  I've seen the openstack
networking visio and also the Crowbar users guide.  Here are my questions:

   1. What's the difference between the public and the nova_floating
   definitions?  How are each of these used?
   2. What is the nova_fixed network used for?  Why is this needed in
   addtion to the other 2 above?
   3. In the network barclamp JSON, what is the difference between "host"
   and "dhcp" ranges?  I'm specifically referring to the nova_fixed and admin
   stanzas.
   4. In the same file, what is the purpose of the "router" ranges?
    Typically you only have 1 router IP, so I'm not sure why you would need a
   range.

If this is all in a doc somewhere, please point me in the right direction.

Thanks!