[Crowbar] ntpdate: no server suitable for synchronization found

Gregory_Althaus at Dell.com Gregory_Althaus at Dell.com
Mon Jul 16 07:07:05 CDT 2012

It takes a while for the admin node to sync to the external source.  While in this resync state, the downstream clients can't sync immediately.   I suspect there may be something we could do to speed that along.  I'm a little worried about the side effects of quick clock movement on a running system though.

From: crowbar-bounces On Behalf Of JackWindows Fan
Sent: Monday, July 16, 2012 2:38 AM
To: crowbar
Subject: [Crowbar] ntpdate: no server suitable for synchronization found

Hello, I found if I preset the external server for ntp barclamps, then when I start compute nodes, the PXE booting process stuck at
         ntpdate: no server suitable for synchronization found
         waitting for ntp server

This phenomenon disappears after some time, but I don't why. Anyone can explain it?
--
Fan Hongbo
@JackWindows