[Crowbar] Cannot work on VMs.

JackWindows Fan fhb1992 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 15 04:40:27 CDT 2012

Hello. Recently I found that the newest build of crowbar(Crowbar v1.4 with
openstack essex) can't work under Vmware virtual machines.
The admin node can be installed successfully. However, when the admin node
is discoverying new VM nodes, the VM stuck at PXE boot, part of the error
message is following:

VFS: Cannot open root device "live:/sledgehammer.iso" or unknown-block(0,0)
Please append a correct "root=" boot option; here are the available
partitions:
Kernel panic - not syncing: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on
unknown-block(0,0)
Pid: 1, comm: swapper Not tainted 2.6.32-220.23.1.e16.x86_64 #1
Call Trace:
 [<ffffffff814ecb34>] ? panic+0x78/0x143
 .....(I omit this part)

I wonder if this only happens on Vmware, I haven't tried Vbox, and on
physical servers this won't happen.
--
Fan Hongbo
@JackWindows