[Crowbar] Fred Releases (OpenStack & Cloudera) + Crowbar 2 updates - design brief Monday 7/16 @ 10 Central

Rob_Hirschfeld at Dell.com Rob_Hirschfeld at Dell.com
Fri Jul 13 09:58:38 CDT 2012

Maxime,

You're right that we planning changes that will enable to the community to work on Windows support.  While interesting, it's not on our team's work plan at this time.  However, you're welcome to take on that work on that as part of the project refactoring work to make sure that Windows use cases are addressed.

I don't have a good story on 1.x upgrades :(  It's a goal to make work in 2.x.

Rob

From: crowbar-bounces On Behalf Of Maxime Brugidou
Sent: Friday, July 13, 2012 3:12 AM
To: crowbar
Subject: Re: [Crowbar] Fred Releases (OpenStack & Cloudera) + Crowbar 2 updates - design brief Monday 7/16 @ 10 Central

Thanks for your great work! I am especially excited about heterogeneous / multiple operating system deployments. Any plan on Windows support? (the IPMI part must be hell, but chef supports Windows)

I have a quick question about upgrading to new crowbar versions too, what is the best way to handle upgrades? Is there any wiki/doc about upgrading/reinstalling cleanly the crowbar admin node?