[Crowbar] not possible to create multiple swift proxies?

Andi_Abes at Dell.com Andi_Abes at Dell.com
Wed Jul 11 13:04:03 CDT 2012

Proxy-acct is the proxy with account management enabled (dating back to swauth...). You'd only want one of those.
You *should* be able to deploy multiple swift-proxy nodes.... (barring bags.. I forget off the top of my head the latest status).

a.

-----Original Message-----
From: crowbar-bounces On Behalf Of Plaetinck, Dieter
Sent: Wednesday, July 11, 2012 1:51 PM
To: crowbar
Subject: [Crowbar] not possible to create multiple swift proxies?

i have multiple nodes i want to use as swift proxies.
created a proposal for swift, but I am only allowed to add 1 node to the swift-proxy-acct role?

swift clients can be configured for multiple proxies (they'll pick one themselves, and try another one in case of failure etc) so there's even no need for any explicit loadbalancing stuff.  crowbar should be able to just create multiple swift proxies with the same effort it takes to create one, by just allowing to assign multiple nodes to swift-proxy-acct (and swift-proxy).
or am i missing something? (using openstack-fred2.iso)

Dieter