[Crowbar] Nagios / Crowbar does not recognize device not ready

Andi_Abes at Dell.com Andi_Abes at Dell.com
Mon Jul 9 10:01:07 CDT 2012

Switch has an option to check if a disk can be mounted, before attempting to access it.  While it can save you from long waits if the disk is failed, it does hit performance in the non failure case.

There seems to be tools and plugins for nagios to support this, across hardware versions (see [1]) we don’t currently use them… but we might add them at some point.. if enough folks care about it.

[1] http://exchange.nagios.org/directory/Plugins/System-Metrics/Storage-Subsystem/Check-SMART-status-modified/details

From: crowbar-bounces On Behalf Of Bryan Taylor
Sent: Sunday, July 08, 2012 9:38 AM
To: info at ip-profis.de; crowbar
Subject: Re: [Crowbar] Nagios / Crowbar does not recognize device not ready

I think Sagan would be a better solution. It's a syslog monitor with nagios type rules. I'm sure it can be done in nagios but you probably still need a fifo pipe on the logs. I read swift has some kind of hard drive error tool but it would be nice to have this at a lower level.

Bryan

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S™ II Skyrocket™, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone.