[Crowbar] Changing crowbar default network settings.

Andi_Abes at Dell.com Andi_Abes at Dell.com
Thu Jul 5 08:44:07 CDT 2012

The error your seeing is actually temporary - it takes a bit for the crowbar application to startup, and it's attempted multiple time. It does eventually succeed on the 3rd try.
You will have issues if you're going to use swift - since the 192.168.125.x network is already used by the storage network.

-----Original Message-----
From: crowbar-bounces On Behalf Of Pierre Amadio
Sent: Wednesday, July 04, 2012 5:54 AM
To: crowbar
Subject: [Crowbar] Changing crowbar default network settings.

Hi there !

I am trying to change some default settings in order to have crowbar running in an different network than 192.168.124.0 (in this case 192.168.125.0).

All my tests are run in some kvms machine.

I have several networks to play with:

192.168.122.0/24 to 192.168.128.0/24

I have installed  a system http://crowbar.zehicle.com/openstack-fred.iso

Once installed, i changed /etc/network/interfaces so the box ip is
192.168.125.2 and rebooted.

I then changed
/opt/dell/barclamps/network/chef/data_bags/crowbar/bc-template-network.json
so the admin networks is 192.168.125.0 (see attachement).

I then start the crowbar installation with:

cd /tftpboot/ubuntu_dvd/extra
./install crowbar125.mydomain.com

However, the installation fails (see attached error.txt). It looks like something is trying to connect to the wrong adress, so i am guessing i may have missed some steps.

- Can someone tell what i may have missed ?

- If i was to change all the other settings in bc-template-network.json without using any vlans, how can i tell crowbar that a given network is available on a given nic on the crowbar host ? Should it detect it automatically based on the local addresses associated to the nic, or is it something to set somewhere ?