[Crowbar] Floating IPs

Chris Sanburn csanburn at redwoodit.com
Fri Jan 27 12:49:01 CST 2012

Oh, I just read your post again and realized I'd mistakenly assumed you were talking about the "deleted" settings in the floating_ips table. There isn't a column called reserved but I bet you were thinking of using the project_id column. I assigned x.y.z.128 and x.y.z.129 a project_id of "0" and now I'm good to go and don't have to remember to manually delete them. Thanks for the tip!

Here's what I did:
Logged into the node with the mysql server.
Look in /etc/nova/nova.conf to find my credentials for sql, specifically the COMPUTE section under -sql_connection=mysql://nova:<password>...

Then start the mysql client with:
mysql -u nova -p
Enter in the password from nova.conf
Then enter in:
               connect nova
And update the 128 and 129 addresses:
update floating_ips set project_id = '0' where address = "x.y.z.128";
update floating_ips set project_id = '0' where address = "x.y.z.129";

-Chris