[Crowbar] [crowbar] using loopback with Swift?

Andi_Abes at Dell.com Andi_Abes at Dell.com
Wed Jan 25 13:02:30 CST 2012

Not really... The swift support is meant to use real hw.  If you're running in a virtual machine environment, then you can just add a disk to the vm.

That said - nova will function fine w/o swift. That's not your issue.

From: crowbar-bounces On Behalf Of japhar81
Sent: Wednesday, January 25, 2012 1:53 PM
To: crowbar
Subject: [Crowbar] [crowbar] using loopback with Swift?

Is it possible to tell Swift to use a loopback device from crowbar? I'm looking here ( http://swift.openstack.org/development_saio.html) for the manual steps.. Right now if i deploy it, since my servers all just have one giant RAID, I get errors that there are no devices in the ring.

I assume the fact that I didn't have swift installed is also why nova didn't work though i guess i could be wrong.. Hoping this fixes both