[Crowbar] [SPAM] RE: Changing barclamp options

Gregory_Althaus at Dell.com Gregory_Althaus at Dell.com
Wed Jan 25 10:44:00 CST 2012

I suspect that nova doesn't understand what you did.  It didn't limit the iptable entries for the existing entry.

While crowbar lets you do things, I'm not sure nova can complete understand it.

From: crowbar-bounces On Behalf Of Chris Sanburn
Sent: Wednesday, January 25, 2012 10:33 AM
To: crowbar
Subject: [Crowbar] Changing barclamp options

During my testing I found that an instance for one tenant could ping an instance for another tenant, which is something we don't want to happen. There's an option in the Nova barclamp:
"Use Tenant Vlans"
I had left it at the default of False.
I've tried to change it by deactivating the Nova barclamp, deleting it, recreating and changing the option before applying it. Left everything else in place, instances, other barclamps, etc. But I can still ping the instance in the other tenant.
Can anyone enlighten me on what I've missed? Can I not change the Nova barclamp options like I did? Do I need to delete all of my tenants, instances, etc, and start over? Do I need to start over the entire deployment of openstack?

-Chris