[Crowbar] Size of your OpenStack Deployment?

Shake Chen shake.chen at gmail.com
Mon Jan 23 23:55:08 CST 2012

On Tue, Jan 24, 2012 at 12:19 AM, Gregor von Laszewski
<laszewski at gmail.com>wrote:

> All:
>
>        I was wondering about the current size of your deployments and
> which versions you are running.  Can you let me know?
>
>        We are trying to put together a relatively large deployment across
> several clusters and before we co down the wrong path we like to get your
> feedback. We have more than 4000 cores in our testbed.
>
> Questions:
> How many servers are dedicated to Openstack?

about 100 server at the first step.

> Are you running multiple Zones?

I think I need the feature, but not test.

> How many VMs are you managing with your OpenStack deployment?

Abount 1000 VM

> Which version of OpenStack do you run?

Essex in Ubuntu 12.04, I hope

> Have you encountered any difficulties that one should consider?

how the monitor the haddisk and raid?

maybe also need to consider how to avoid ARP attack.

> Is there a contact person that I can talk to about your install?

you can contact me .

Shake Chen ( shake.chen at gmail.com)

> Thanks
>
> Gregor von Laszewski