[Crowbar] [SPAM] RE: Changing Crowbar Cookbook

Gregory_Althaus at Dell.com Gregory_Althaus at Dell.com
Thu Jan 19 22:11:22 CST 2012

The proper knife syntax is:
knife cookbook upload -o . rabbitmq

The rest should work then.

From: crowbar-bounces On Behalf Of Kevin Bringard [kbringard at atti.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 19, 2012 3:40 PM
To: crowbar
Subject: [Crowbar] Changing Crowbar Cookbook

Hey all,

I found a bug in one of the OpsCode recpies… I updated it and was trying to push it into place, but it doesn't seem to be updating. Here is what I am doing (this is all on the crowbar admin node):

Cd /opt/dell/barclamps/crowbar/chef/cookbooks
Vi rabbitmq/providers/user.rb

<hack hack hack/>

knife cookbook upload -o . Crowbar

Then on the clients, I run chef-client and examine the output, but I don't see my changes (I put some puts in place for debugging).

Am I missing something? Is there another step I need to be taking?

Thanks!

-- Kevin