[Crowbar] Changing Crowbar Cookbook

Andi_Abes at Dell.com Andi_Abes at Dell.com
Thu Jan 19 16:22:59 CST 2012

Duh... sorry.

So, rabbit should be installed on the nova controller and on compute nodes if you have Nova HA networking on.

The steps you described should suffice (this time for real ;) ) to update a recipes.
However, most of the recipes are written to be idempotent - is your code by chance in a block that's conditionalzed in some way that would prevent it from executing?

(as a side note, if you do the pull thingie, it's an easy way to see the deltas and comment on them... so my previous answer is not totally not relevant...;)

a.

-----Original Message-----
From: crowbar-bounces On Behalf Of Kevin Bringard
Sent: Thursday, January 19, 2012 5:20 PM
To: crowbar
Subject: Re: [Crowbar] Changing Crowbar Cookbook

Thanks Andi,

I get the pull procedure, I'm just trying to test my changes before I setup a pull request. I updated the user.rb like I outlined below and then knife cookbook upload -o . crowbar and run chef-client, but my changes aren't showing up. Is there something else I need to do to get my changes to take effect?

-- Kevin