[Crowbar] Changing Crowbar Cookbook

Andi_Abes at Dell.com Andi_Abes at Dell.com
Thu Jan 19 16:15:58 CST 2012

You would have to create a pull request on git hub.

To do that, create your own fork of the relevant repo, push your changes into that fork and then create a pull request.
Here are some guides:
* http://help.github.com/fork-a-repo/
* http://help.github.com/send-pull-requests/

I'll add a page on the wiki about how to contribute... should probably have had it.

a.

-----Original Message-----
From: crowbar-bounces On Behalf Of Kevin Bringard
Sent: Thursday, January 19, 2012 4:41 PM
To: crowbar
Subject: [Crowbar] Changing Crowbar Cookbook

Hey all,

I found a bug in one of the OpsCode recpies... I updated it and was trying to push it into place, but it doesn't seem to be updating. Here is what I am doing (this is all on the crowbar admin node):

Cd /opt/dell/barclamps/crowbar/chef/cookbooks
Vi rabbitmq/providers/user.rb

<hack hack hack/>

knife cookbook upload -o . Crowbar

Then on the clients, I run chef-client and examine the output, but I don't see my changes (I put some puts in place for debugging).

Am I missing something? Is there another step I need to be taking?

Thanks!

-- Kevin