[Crowbar] Router_pref backport

Kevin Bringard kbringard at atti.com
Wed Jan 18 09:43:57 CST 2012

I think I may have found it...

In the recipe, this value is pulled from the node["crowbar"]["network"]
object. In the crowbar framework
(/opt/dell/barclamps/network/crowbar_framework/app/models/network_service.r
b) I found the following:

# Find the node
    node = NodeObject.find_node_by_name name
    @logger.error("Network allocate_ip: return node not found: #{name}
#{network} #{range}") if node.nil?
    return [404, "No node found"] if node.nil?

db = ProposalObject.find_data_bag_item "crowbar/#{network}_network"

      subnet = db["network"]["subnet"]
      vlan = db["network"]["vlan"]
      use_vlan = db["network"]["use_vlan"]
      add_bridge = db["network"]["add_bridge"]
      broadcast = db["network"]["broadcast"]
      router = db["network"]["router"]
      netmask = db["network"]["netmask"]
      rangeH = db["network"]["ranges"][range]
      rangeH = db["network"]["ranges"]["host"] if rangeH.nil?
      conduit = db["network"]["conduit"]

It appears as though this is where the node object is being built as those
objects all exist in the network hash. So, I added the following after
"conduit":

unless db["network"]["router_pref"].nil?
  router_pref = db["network"]["router_pref"]
      end

Does this make sense? I don't know if I can just edit it in place on the
admin server or if there is something else I need to do to make the
changes take effect. I am rebuilding the iso and I'll redeploy the admin
node, but while I do that if someone replies and lets me know how I can
just make it take effect on my existing admin node, that would save a lot
of time :-D

Thanks!

-- Kevin