[Crowbar] Stuck on 'build' status

Paul Regan me at paulregan.co.uk
Fri Jan 13 09:18:43 CST 2012

To follow up with a conclusion for the list archive :

MySQL was not the problem.  Following Chris' advice and knowing to
look for 'cast' I found the following on the compute node logs
(nova-compute.log)

ERROR nova.compute.manager [-] Instance '5' failed to spawn. Is
virtualization enabled in the BIOS? Details: internal error no
supported architecture for os type 'hvm'

These are old servers with no cpu virtuali[s/z]ation so I switched the
Nova barclamp barclamp from kvm to qemu and I now have some active
instances.  Also some odd crowbar behaviour but at least active
instances .. onto the next step.   Thanks for the help ...