[Crowbar] euca commands not working?

Kevin Bringard kbringard at atti.com
Thu Jan 12 08:57:42 CST 2012

Crowbar doesn't install the euca tools by default. It tells you how to install them in the error you pasted (apt-get install euca2ools), however with keystone adding ec2 credentials are sort of a second class citizen. You should start by using the dashboard to create groups and launch instances, then once that works move on the the cli API... Or use the nova API directly (nova commands instead of euca commands).

I wrote a s riot for adding tenants, users, and credentials to keystone, but I'm on my phone at the moment so I dot have access to it... I'll send it along this afternoon when I'm at my laptop again.

Also, you should hop in #openstack on freenode; lots of really helpful people there for general OpenStack questions.