[Crowbar] euca commands not working?

i3D.net - Tristan van Bokkem tristanvanbokkem at i3d.nl
Thu Jan 12 03:59:06 CST 2012

While trying to learn openstack and crowbar I am running into a lot of troubles. I am sorry for spamming the mailinglist..

So when following this guide http://wiki.openstack.org/RunningNova part 'Wait for instance to be running' and 'Authorize SSH connections to the instance and connect' I'm trying to invoke these commands:

euca-describe-instances

euca-authorize -P tcp -p 22 default  ssh -i mykey.priv root at 10.0.0.3

But on every node (including the crowbar admin node and nova-multi-controller) I receive the following error in return:

root at crowbar:/opt/dell/crowbar_framework/log# euca-describe-instances
The program 'euca-describe-instances' is currently not installed.  You can install it by typing:
apt-get install euca2ools

root at crowbar:/opt/dell/crowbar_framework/log# euca-authorize -P tcp -p 22 default
The program 'euca-authorize' is currently not installed.  You can install it by typing:
apt-get install euca2ools

How come that those commands wont work and how do I gain access through ssh?
Best regards,

Tristan van Bokkem
Datacenter Operations

Contact:
E-mail Personal: tristanvanbokkem at i3d.net
E-mail Support: info at i3d.net
E-mail NOC: noc at i3d.net
Website: http://www.i3d.net Office:
Interactive 3D B.V.
Meent 93b
3011 JG Rotterdam
The Netherlands

Visit www.smartdc.net – SmartDC is our in-house 36,000 sq. ft. datacenter in Rotterdam, The Netherlands. High density hosting – multiple fiber carriers in-house – Level3 PoP.

Interactive 3D (i3D.net) is a company registered in The Netherlands at Meent 93b, Rotterdam. Registration #: 14074337 - VAT # NL 8202.63.886.B01. Interactive 3D (i3D.net) is CDSA certified on content protection and security. We are ranked in the Deloitte Technology Fast 50 as one of the fastest growing technology companies.