[Crowbar] Branches...

Kevin Bringard kbringard at atti.com
Wed Jan 11 21:32:11 CST 2012

Is there a recommended upgrade procedure for an already running deployment?

On Jan 11, 2012, at 5:57 PM, "Andi_Abes at Dell.com<mailto:Andi_Abes at Dell.com>" <Andi_Abes at Dell.com<mailto:Andi_Abes at Dell.com>> wrote:

More than once folks were caught by surprise while riding the tip of the master branch…..

To help ease that a bit, we’ve started an attempt to have a more stable v1.2.1 branch. The idea is to have it be catatonic compare to master – only fixes for really bad things will ever be pushed there.

Note that the official v1.2 tag was put on after quite a lot of QA . At this point this branch got very little QA love (though it will over time)

At this point I’ve pushed a fixes for 3 items that kept bugging us during deployments:

·         DE626 – increase the solr maxfield size

·         DE635 – rabbit restarts.

·         Routing issues on the admin node when adding public addressing

So, if you’d rather go slow… checkout the ‘v1.2.1-openstack’ branch.

Andi Abes
Senior Software engineer
Dell | Cloud Solutions
Blog: http://www.foggysoftware.com/