[Crowbar] Instances wont get pass build

Gregory_Althaus at Dell.com Gregory_Althaus at Dell.com
Wed Jan 11 11:18:08 CST 2012

Check on that node to make sure that hardware virtualization is there and enabled.  We’ve seen this if the Intel-VT or AMD specific flag isn’t turned on.

From: crowbar-bounces On Behalf Of i3D.net - Tristan van Bokkem
Sent: Wednesday, January 11, 2012 10:22 AM
To: Chris Sanburn; crowbar
Subject: Re: [Crowbar] Instances wont get pass build

nova-network seems to be running. Upon looking at the nova-compute log I noticed this:

2012-01-11 11:03:58,826 ERROR nova.compute.manager [-] Instance '2' failed to spawn. Is virtualization enabled in the BIOS? Details: internal error no supported architecture for os type 'hvm'

Upon checking the proposal of Nova: libvirt_type:    kvm

So what is hvm?

Best regards,

Tristan van Bokkem
Datacenter Operations

Contact:
E-mail Personal: tristanvanbokkem at i3d.net<mailto:tristanvanbokkem at i3d.net>
E-mail Support: info at i3d.net<mailto:info at i3d.net>
E-mail NOC: noc at i3d.net<mailto:noc at i3d.net>
Website: http://www.i3d.net Office:
Interactive 3D B.V.
Meent 93b
3011 JG Rotterdam
The Netherlands

Visit www.smartdc.net<http://www.smartdc.net> – SmartDC is our in-house 36,000 sq. ft. datacenter in Rotterdam, The Netherlands. High density hosting – multiple fiber carriers in-house – Level3 PoP.

Interactive 3D (i3D.net) is a company registered in The Netherlands at Meent 93b, Rotterdam. Registration #: 14074337 - VAT # NL 8202.63.886.B01. Interactive 3D (i3D.net) is CDSA certified on content protection and security. We are ranked in the Deloitte Technology Fast 50 as one of the fastest growing technology companies.