[Crowbar] How to deploy Swift?

i3D.net - Tristan van Bokkem tristanvanbokkem at i3d.nl
Wed Jan 11 07:05:22 CST 2012

Coming back to this. I am still unable to deploy swift correctly. I am now testing with actual hardware instead of vmware but the problem remains. The made sure the storage nodes are only 2 and tried both with keystone and swauth as Authentication method.

Some log output of one of the clients:

[Wed, 11 Jan 2012 07:41:11 -0600] ERROR: Running exception handlers
[Wed, 11 Jan 2012 07:41:11 -0600] FATAL: Saving node information to /var/cache/chef/failed-run-data.json
[Wed, 11 Jan 2012 07:41:11 -0600] ERROR: Exception handlers complete
[Wed, 11 Jan 2012 07:41:11 -0600] FATAL: Stacktrace dumped to /var/cache/chef/chef-stacktrace.out
[Wed, 11 Jan 2012 07:41:11 -0600] FATAL: Chef::Exceptions::ShellCommandFailed: execute[rebalance ring for /etc/swift/account.builder] (/var/cache/chef/cookbooks/swift/providers/ringfile.rb line 211) had and an error: Expected process to exit with [0, 1], but received '2'
---- Begin output of swift-ring-builder /etc/swift/account.builder rebalance ----
STDOUT: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
An error has occurred during ring validation. Common
causes of failure are rings that are empty or do not
have enough devices to accommodate the replica count.
Original exception message:
 There are no devices in this ring, or all devices have been deleted
STDERR: /usr/bin/swift-ring-builder:534: DeprecationWarning: BaseException.message has been deprecated as of Python 2.6
  "Original exception message:\n %s" % e.message
---- End output of swift-ring-builder /etc/swift/account.builder rebalance ----
Ran swift-ring-builder /etc/swift/account.builder rebalance returned 2

Best regards,

Tristan van Bokkem
Datacenter Operations

Contact:
E-mail Personal: tristanvanbokkem at i3d.net
E-mail Support: info at i3d.net
E-mail NOC: noc at i3d.net
Website: http://www.i3d.net Office:
Interactive 3D B.V.
Meent 93b
3011 JG Rotterdam
The Netherlands

Visit www.smartdc.net – SmartDC is our in-house 36,000 sq. ft. datacenter in Rotterdam, The Netherlands. High density hosting – multiple fiber carriers in-house – Level3 PoP.

Interactive 3D (i3D.net) is a company registered in The Netherlands at Meent 93b, Rotterdam. Registration #: 14074337 - VAT # NL 8202.63.886.B01. Interactive 3D (i3D.net) is CDSA certified on content protection and security. We are ranked in the Deloitte Technology Fast 50 as one of the fastest growing technology companies.
  _____