[Crowbar] integration tested git tags

DI Haselwanter Edmund Siegfried office at iteh.at
Wed Dec 14 11:15:13 CST 2011

On Dec 14, 2011, at 5:44 PM, <Gregory_Althaus at Dell.com> <Gregory_Althaus at Dell.com> wrote:

> Agreed.

:-)

> I think our first step is to try and get something mostly stable.

yes. that's good. any estimate on that? "a mostly stable openstack with keystone but without nova-volume" ?

>  We are going to tag (possibly branch it).  So that we can give stable points.

yes. great news. some input I find this very helpful as a starting model to reflect this on git:

concept: http://nvie.com/posts/a-successful-git-branching-model/
supporting implementation: https://github.com/nvie/gitflow

>  We are in the process of figuring out a process for how we want to do this.

yes. And I think at least for the openstack part there are two problems at the moment:

- a crowbar release cycle (focus on how mature is the way of doing it with crowbar)
- a openstack release cycle (focus on what packages do we get upstream from crowbar)

this should somehow be reflected in the overall release cycle of crowbar-openstack isos.

to support this we would need some high level integration tests on a "reference" openstack install of the iso, right?

> We are still kinda new at this open source/github thing.
>
> Suggestions are welcome.  :-)

there will be more :-)