[Crowbar] Nodes Dashboard Unavailable

Rob_Hirschfeld at Dell.com Rob_Hirschfeld at Dell.com
Tue Dec 6 13:04:34 CST 2011

Will be fixed in my next push. Thanks Paul.

----- Original Message -----
From: crowbar-bounces
To: crowbar
Sent: Tue Dec 06 11:13:53 2011
Subject: [Crowbar] Nodes Dashboard Unavailable

I'm in the middle of starting up crowbar and tearing servers down
whilst I try and build a working Openstack environment so thats
probably not helping.

But after adding nodes to the system and then deleting them from CB
I'm then unable to get back to the nodes view.  Direct to the
barclamps url works.

Switching to dev mode (via wiki) gives :

NoMethodError in Nodes#index

Showing app/views/nodes/index.html.haml where line #27 raised:

undefined method `description' for nil:NilClass
Extracted source (around line #27):

24:               %td.status
25:                 .led{:class => node.status, :title=> node.state}
26:               %td
27:                 %a{:href => node_path(node.shortname), :title=>
"#{NodeObject.human_attribute_name :description}:
#{node.description}", :class => 'node_details', :id =>
node.shortname.parameterize}= node.shortname
28:
29: .clear
30:

Its running on VMware so currently I'm switching to a snapshot to get
around this ..